We wrote this Bookkeeper Business Launch review (now known as Bookkeeper Launch) after extensive research into the program. Our opinion is not based on a cursory evaluation of the course. We actually signed up for the Bookkeeper Launch course and went through each part of it with a fine-toothed comb. Our analysis in this Bookkeeper Launch review (Bookkeeper Launch) is based on personal experience in addition to research.
Why Bookkeeping Is A Great Business Model
Every business from a one-person small business to major corporations need to keep track of their finances. Since a bookkeeper is trained for this work, it means that every business needs a good bookkeeper.
The average annual salary of a bookkeeper who works from home is $59,683. However, some work from home bookkeepers make as much as $75,000 and some as high as $150,000 + so bookkeeping can be a very lucrative career choice.
Furthermore, the Corona-economy has drastically altered the business landscape making work-from-home opportunities even more valuable.
Introduction to Bookkeeping
As a bookkeeper, you spend your days helping businesses to run efficiently.
Some common duties of a bookkeeper include:
- Using bookkeeping spreadsheets, databases and software
- Record and receive cash, vouchers, and checks
- Produce a variety of reports, such as income statements, balance sheets and totals by account
- Note or reconcile and report any problems or differences among financial records
- Enter financial transactions into the software for tracking purposes
- Put income and costs into the software ensuring that they are associated with the appropriate account
- Checking for posting, report and figure accuracy
As a bookkeeper, you will make sure that your client’s bills are paid, help them to balance their finances and aid them should a problem arise with their finances. You also help them to maintain their financial health and develop solutions to counter any issues that may occur.
Since the financial health of a business is imperative for their success, all companies need the skills of a proficient bookkeeper. This means that there is no shortage of opportunities for bookkeepers with the right skills and training.
To be an efficient and competent bookkeeper, you need to have good math skills, be able to solve problems quickly and you need a good working knowledge of software that manages data, and the knowledge to understand how to perform your job accurately and efficiently.
Bookkeeper Launch is an option to help you learn bookkeeping and how to start a bookkeeping business. This Bookkeeper Launch review provides you with all of the pertinent information about this course.
Bookkeeper Launch As A Course Choice
Some colleges and universities offer bookkeeper programs, but they usually require years of classes, many of which are not even related to bookkeeping. Bookkeeper Launch is a viable alternative to learn bookkeeping without all of the unrelated extras so that you can start your career faster.
This Bookkeeper Launch review will show you all of the important details. You will also get important information about being a bookkeeper and why it is an excellent business idea.
What is Bookkeeper Launch?
This element of this Bookkeeper Launch review will provide you with information about what it is so that you can better determine if it is a viable course for you to learn how to be a bookkeeper.
There are six sections associated with this course, including:
- Clients (Advanced)
Since this course starts with the basics and builds on them, you do not need any previous bookkeeping education or experience to use it. You develop the foundational knowledge of bookkeeping fundamentals and the sections build on these so that you essentially start from the ground up.
The program focuses on bookkeeping and helping you to start a bookkeeping business. It uses real-world examples and scenarios so that you get a taste of what it is like to work as a professional bookkeeper in today’s world.
Once you finish learning about the foundations of bookkeeping, you start learning about proper bookkeeping processes. This is done while simultaneously giving you hands-on instruction with Quickbooks Online. This is the most popular software used by bookkeepers today.
You learn via a combination of reading materials, tutorials, hands-on instruction, and mock scenarios. This allows you to learn the material and put it into practice to see how a bookkeeper functions in the real world.
You can also get some direction regarding the legal aspects of building your bookkeeping business and as part of the course, you have access to an attorney paid for by Ben Robinson. You can ask any questions that you have so that you can be sure that you are doing everything necessary to create your business according to the law.
Who’s Behind Bookkeeper Launch?
Every good Bookkeeper Launch review needs to provide information about who created the program. This will help you to determine the course’s overall legitimacy and potential.
Ben Robinson created Bookkeeper Launch. He is a former certified public accountant (CPA) and he also owned his own CPA firm. Robinson spent years working as a finance professional, so he was able to determine how important skilled bookkeepers are for businesses of all sizes.
According to his website, since 2001, Robinson has spent time helping people to start a bookkeeping business. He says that he has helped more than 4,050 people accomplish this.
Bookkeeper Launch, recently renamed Bookkeeper Launch was started on July 23, 2015. However, before starting this program, Robinson says that he was helping people to create their own bookkeeping businesses.
Inside the Bookkeeper Launch Course
This part of this Bookkeeper Launch review will give you the details about this course. This is where you learn about the knowledge you gain by working through and completing this program.
You can get started by accessing the free classes that are offered. There are four free classes that you can take before enrolling in the program and getting access to the units.
Free Class One
This class looks at the job of a bookkeeper and the earning potential. He uses the G.R.A.B. acronym to describe the general tasks of a bookkeeping professional. The letters stand for the following:
- Gathering facts
- Be available to your client
Ben Robinson also covers the personality traits that can help aspiring bookkeepers to be successful:
- Pay attention to the small details
- Be organized
- Work to be a difference-maker
- Be personable
- Become a competent multitasker
- Be a hard worker
- Have a positive outlook
Free Class Two
This class teaches you about the technology and tools that bookkeepers use. It also talks about what you need to start your business. Information about startup costs and recurring costs is also part of this class.
Free Class Three
This class covers the information that you need to start pitching and securing clients for your bookkeeping business.
Free Class Four
This is not a traditional class like the other three free classes. Instead, it provides you with pertinent information about the Bookkeeper Launch course. It also helps you to sign up for the full course.
Units in the Paid Course
There are four primary units once you enroll in the program. Once you complete these, there are six additional units to learn more about bookkeeping and starting a bookkeeper business.
The first unit focuses on what bookkeepers do. It helps you to understand the daily work a bookkeeper completes so that you can get a good idea about what it is like to work as a bookkeeper.
There are three modules in this unit. This unit is called “Foundational Elements.” Each module explores different topics.
Module One: Bookkeeping Basics – This module covers the following:
- Part one study hacks
- Part two study hacks
- Introduction to foundational elements
- Liabilities, equity, and assets
- Monopoly example
- Liabilities, equity, and assets quiz
- Introduction to the accounting equation
- Scales demo for the accounting equation
- Examples one through five for the accounting equation
- Examples six through nine for the accounting equation
- Accounting equation quiz
- Debits and credits and accounts
- Cheatsheet for debits and credits
- Chart of accounts, trial balance, and ledger
- The Chart of accounts, trial balance and the ledger in Xero
- Chart of accounts, trial balance, and ledger quiz
- Accounting principles
- Accounting principles quiz
Module Two: Financial Statements, Journals, and Ledgers – This module covers the following:
- Financial statements purpose
- Balance sheet
- Income statement
- Cash flows statement
- Learning how the different financial statements fit together
- The bookkeeping cycle
- Financial statements quiz
- Posting to the ledger and the journal
- Demo for the posting process
- Bookkeeping cycle quiz
- Special journals and repetitive transactions
- Further information about subsidiary ledgers and repetitive transactions
- Cash journal
- Special journals quiz
- Methods of receipts and payments for bank accounts
- Bank security
- Accounting bases
Module Three: Building Blocks – This module covers the following:
- Professional ethics
- Uniform commercial code
- Basic elements of contracts
- Laws and legislation
- Business entities
There are five modules in this unit. This unit is called “Building Blocks.” Each module explores different topics.
Module One: Get Set Up – This module covers the following:
- Introduction to building blocks
- Getting signed up for Xero
- Using Xero to set up a client
- How to Use Quickbooks Online to set up a client
- Using Xero for the import chart of accounts
Module Two: Balance Sheet Assets – This module covers the following:
- Introduction to balance sheets
- Cash accounts
- Introduction to bank feeds
- Using Xero for automatic bank feeds
- How to Use Xero for manual bank statements
- Using Quickbooks Online for automatic bank feeds
- Part one: classify, reconcile and record
- Bank reconciliation resources
- LLC and ABC set up
- LLC and ABC import chart of accounts
- Your turn part one: classify, reconcile and record
- Part two your turn: classify, reconcile and record
- Your turn part three: classify, reconcile and record
- Part four your turn: classify, reconcile and record
- Your turn part five: classify, reconcile and record
- Part six your turn: classify, reconcile and record
- Accounts receivable
- Demo for accounts receivable
- Accounts receivable associated accounts
- Your turn part one: accounts receivable
- Your turn part two: accounts receivable
- Demo for inventory
- Your turn: inventory
- Prepaid expenses
- Demo for prepaid expenses
- Your turn: prepaid expenses
- Fixed assets
- Demo for fixed assets
- Your turn: fixed assets
- Intangible assets
- Demo for intangible assets
- Other assets
Module Three: Balance Sheet Assets and Liabilities – This module covers the following:
- Introduction to liabilities
- Introduction to accounts payable
- Flow chart for accounts payable
- Demo for entering bills
- Demo for paying bills
- Accounts payable associated accounts
- Your turn: accounts payable
- Payroll liabilities
- Demo for payroll liabilities
- Your turn part one: payroll liabilities
- Part two of your turn: payroll liabilities
- Your turn part three: payroll liabilities
- Credit card liabilities
- Demo for credit card liabilities
- Your turn: credit card liabilities
- Use and sales taxes payable
- Demo for use and sales taxes payable
- Your turn: use and sales taxes payable
- Other current liabilities
- Demo for loans
- Your turn: loans
- Demo for equity
- Your turn: equity
Module Four: Income Statement – This module covers the following:
- Introduction to the income statement
- Demo for revenue
- Cost of goods sold
- Demo for cost of goods sold
- Demo for expenses
- Expenses and other income
- Your turn – income statement
Module Five: Statement of Cash Flows – This module covers the following:
- Cash flow associated with operating activities
- Introduction to the statement of cash flows
- Demo for the statement of cash flows
There are three modules in this unit. This unit is called “Prepare, Review, and Present.” Each module explores different topics.
Module One: Balance Sheet Review – This module covers the following:
- Financial statements: Review, present and prepare
- Checklist for monthly financial statement closing and preparation
- Getting set up
- Credit card and cash accounts
- Undeposited funds
- Accounts receivable
- Prepaid and inventory expenses
- Fixed assets
- Accounts payable
- Sales tax, payroll, and other liabilities
Module Two: Statement of Cash Flows and Income Statement Reviews – This module covers the following:
- Cost of goods sold and revenue
- Statement of cash flows
- Other income and expenses
Module Three: Present and Close – This module covers the following:
- Financial statement presentation tips
- Month and year-end close
- Preparing quarterly financial statements
Once you complete the first four units, there are six other units that you have access to. Including:
- To Infinity and Beyond: This additional unit has seven modules.
- Business and Marketing: This additional unit has 10 modules.
- Practical and Tactical: This additional unit has one module.
- Bookkeeping Practicals: This additional unit has four modules.
- Bonus Training: This additional unit has eight modules.
- Bootcamp Coaching: This additional unit has three modules.
Bookkeeper Launch Pro vs. Bookkeeper Launch Premiere vs. Bookkeeper Team – What are the differences?
Bookkeeper Launch Pro
- How to Start, register, and set up your business includes legal and tax help
- Bookkeeping foundation elements
- How to attract high-quality clients and earn more
- Systems and processes for your business including templates to help you be efficient
- How to build your business
- How to price your service
- How to market your business
Bookkeeper Launch Premier
- Includes everything Bookkeeper Pro
- 9 Group Coaching sessions led by successful online bookkeepers
*Bookkeeper Launch Premier offers you an even more streamlined path to success.
Bookkeeper Launch Team
- Includes everything in Bookkeeper Launch Premier
- Elite members-only community access
- Two knowledge licenses (to allow your employees to use so they know how your business operates)
- Inbound marketing and sales and people and process management (in addition to the systems and processes already included in Pro.
*Bookkeeper Launch Team facilitates you hiring virtual bookkeepers to grow your business
How Much is Bookkeeper Launch?
This section of our Bookkeeper Launch review will break down the versions of Bookkeeper Launch available, and then include the payment options available within each version.
Bookkeeper Launch Team
- One-time payment of $4,999 (That’s a $989 discount over the 12 payment option)
- 12 payments of $499 each
Bookkeeper Launch Premiere
- One-time payment of $2,999 (That’s a $589 discount over the 12 payment option)
- 12 payments of $299 each
Bookkeeper Launch PRO
- One-time payment of $2,499 (That’s a $489 discount over the 12 payment option)
- 12 payments of $249 each
The course also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
*Does Bookkeeper Launch offer discounts for Military?
BL offers a 30% discount off the prices above for ACTIVE military and/or spouse, RETIRED military and/or spouse.
To prove their eligibility, a copy of orders must be supplied for ACTIVE, or DD214 (retired)
*Only Active and retired (typically 20+ years unless retired as a result of injury or disability). If you served a stint (5, 10, 14 years, etc.) and are now discharged, you do NOT qualify.
The following is more information about what you receive after enrolling in the Bookkeeper Launch course:
- The full Bookkeeper Launch course which includes worksheets, quizzes, role-play scenarios, checklists, video lessons, templates, interviews, and case studies
- Access to the student community which is called Rockin’ BBL Students Community
- Access to support calls that occur weekly
- Unlimited email support where the Student Success Team can answer your questions
- Office Hours that allow you one-on-one advice from experienced bookkeeping professionals
- Legal Lunch where you can get business-starting advice from a professional lawyer
- Access to the resource library which contains templates, worksheets, and guides to help you start your bookkeeping business
- Unlimited Bookkeeper Launch upgrades
- Bookkeeper Launch Action Guide which is an action plan with 41 points to help you with “breakthrough work” items
- Profit Maximizers bonus
- Live Q&A with successful virtual bookkeepers
- Hacks and Facts bonus
How Much Money Can Be Made with Bookkeeper Launch?
This Bookkeeper Launch review section explores the earning potential after you complete this course. Training as a bookkeeper increases your earning potential since it shows potential clients that you have the knowledge and skills necessary to help them with their company’s financial wellness.
As of February 2019, in the United States, the average annual income for bookkeepers that work from home was $59,683.00 per year. The average salary range for bookkeepers is approximately $27,000 to $75,000 per year. Some salaries are as high as approximately $151,000 per year.
The clients that you choose, if you work in a specialized niche, such as law or medicine, and your experience as a bookkeeper all play a role in your earning potential. Any previous education can also influence how much you can earn.
This course provides the knowledge and skills needed to become a bookkeeper. It also provides you with the necessary information to launch your business. Ultimately, how much you charge your clients is your choice.
As you can see by reading this section of this Bookkeeper Launch review, there is money to be made. While the course does not pay you directly, it gives you the knowledge and skills necessary to develop a strong bookkeeping business. It is investing in yourself with a quicker ROI.
Bookkeeper Launch Review Final Conclusion
This concludes our Bookkeeper Launch review. You can see that this is a comprehensive program that helps you to learn the fundamentals of bookkeeping.
We recommend Bookkeeper Launch. It is the best course to help you to become a proficient bookkeeper. It is an easy course to navigate and it contains all of the necessary information to become a bookkeeper and start your own bookkeeping business and is backed by a 60-day money-back guarantee as previously mentioned. Click the link below to learn more.
You can see our other course reviews here.