Our Bookkeeper Launch Review dives into the latest updates to the course for 2022—and it’s not just a cursory glance.
To truly evaluate Bookkeeper Launch, we signed up for the course and went through every single section with a fine-toothed comb. Here’s what we found:
Why Bookkeeping Is A Great Business Model
Every business, whether it’s a one-person entity, a small business, or a major corporation, needs to keep track of their finances. This means that bookkeepers, who are trained to do this kind of work, have a valuable set of skills that every business out there needs.
According to ZipRecruiter, the average salary of a remote bookkeeper (as of October 2021) is $46,585, but there is potential for growth. The 75th percentile of remote bookkeepers is reported to make $50,000 per year, with top earners bringing home as much as $72,500+, so it’s true that bookkeeping can be a very lucrative career choice.
Moreover, the COVID-19 world has drastically changed the business landscape, making opportunities to work from home even more abundant—and more valuable.
Introduction to Bookkeeping
Put simply, your job as a bookkeeper is to help businesses run more efficiently by maintaining their financial health and developing solutions to counter any problems that arise.
More specifically, you will make sure that your clients’ bills are paid, help them balance their finances, and provide assistance in the case of any issues with their finances.
Some common duties of a bookkeeper include:
- Using bookkeeping spreadsheets, databases and software;
- Recording and receiving cash, vouchers, and checks;
- Producing a variety of reports, such as income statements, balance sheets, and totals by account;
- Noting, reconciling, and/or reporting any problems or differences among financial records;
- Entering financial transactions into the software for tracking purposes;
- Putting income and costs into bookkeeping software and ensuring that they are associated with the appropriate account;
- Checking for posting, report, and figure accuracy.
It goes without saying that the financial health of a business is imperative for its success, so all companies need the skills of a proficient bookkeeper. This means that there is no shortage of opportunities for bookkeepers with the right skills and training.
In order to become an efficient and competent bookkeeper, you must have the requisite math skills, strong problem-solving skills, and a working knowledge of data-management software.
We believe Bookkeeper Launch is a great option to help you learn bookkeeping skills and how to launch your own virtual bookkeeping business.
Let’s take a closer look.
Why Choose Bookkeeper Launch
While many colleges and universities offer bookkeeping programs, they often come at an enormous cost and usually require enrolling in years of classes, many of which are not even related to bookkeeping.
Bookkeeper Launch, on the other hand, is an attractive approach to learning bookkeeping skills that doesn’t require heavy fees or a lengthy time commitment. This means you can learn the skills to become a bookkeeper without all of the unrelated extras so that you can focus on launching your career more quickly.
In this Bookkeeper Launch review, we’ll cover the most important details about the course and whether or not Bookkeeper Launch is worth the cost.
We’ll also share important information about being a bookkeeper and why it is an excellent business pursuit.
What is Bookkeeper Launch?
To help you evaluate Bookkeeper Launch and determine if it’s the right approach for you to learn bookkeeping and launch your own virtual bookkeeping business, we’re breaking down the course section by section.
Bookkeeper Launch is made up of six sections:
- Clients — Advanced
One of the chief advantages of Bookkeeper Launch is that there is no previous knowledge or experience required to get started. Since the course starts with the very foundations of the industry and then builds from there, it’s suitable for individuals from all professional backgrounds.
Bookkeeper Launch has two main goals: first, to teach you how to be a bookkeeper; then, to teach you how to start your own virtual bookkeeping business.
Throughout the course, you’ll be exposed to real-world examples and scenarios, so you can get a taste of what it’s like to work as a professional bookkeeper in the modern industry.
First, you’ll learn the foundations of bookkeeping; then, you’ll learn how to conduct proper bookkeeping processes. Along the way, Bookkeeper Launch gives you hands-on instruction with QuickBooks, the most popular software used by bookkeepers today.
You’ll learn via a combination of reading materials, tutorials, hands-on instruction, and mock scenarios. With this method, Bookkeeper Launch enables you to both learn the mechanics of bookkeeping and then put it into practice to see how a bookkeeper functions in the real world.
The course also provides some direction about the legal aspects of building your own virtual bookkeeping business.
Bonus: As a part of the course, you even have access to an attorney paid for by Ben Robinson, the creator of Bookkeeper Launch, so you can ask questions and get expert insight on how to legally found your own virtual bookkeeping business.
Who’s Behind Bookkeeper Launch?
Of course, a Bookkeeper Launch review isn’t complete without investigating who created the course, as this reveals key information that may help you determine the course’s overall legitimacy and trustworthiness.
Bookkeeper Launch was created by Ben Robinson, a former certified public accountant (CPA) and owner of his own CPA firm. With years spent working in the finance sector, Robinson realized firsthand just how important skilled bookkeepers are for all businesses, no matter their size.
According to his website, Robinson has been advising people on how to start their own bookkeeping businesses since 2001, helping an impressive 7,000 people accomplish this goal along the way.
To spread his mission further and help even more people learn how to start their own virtual bookkeeping businesses, Robinson founded Bookkeeper Launch in 2015.
Inside Bookkeeper Launch
Now it’s time to dive into the details of the course and exactly what you’ll learn with Bookkeeper Launch.
Before enrolling in Bookkeeper Launch, you can get started with the four free classes that are offered.
FREE CLASS 1
The first free class discusses the earning potential of a bookkeeper, as well as the duties of working in the bookkeeping industry, as outlined with Robinson’s G.R.A.B.: Gather facts; report; analyze; be available to your client.
Here, Robinson also covers the seven key personality traits that can help you become a successful bookkeeper:
- Paying attention to detail
- Being organized
- Working to be a difference-maker
- Being personable
- Multitasking competently
- Being hardworking
- Having a positive outlook
FREE CLASS 2
The second free class goes over the different tools and technology that are commonly used by professional bookkeepers. It also shares what tools you’ll need to get started with your own virtual bookkeeping business.
Another important topic Robinson covers are startup costs and recurring costs that you’ll encounter as a business owner.
FREE CLASS 3
The third free class shares key information to help you begin pitching and securing new clients for your virtual bookkeeping business.
FREE CLASS 4
The fourth free class is not a traditional class; rather, it provides deeper detail about Bookkeeper Launch with a track to enroll for the full course if you’re ready.
Bookkeeper Launch is made up of four preliminary units. Once you complete these foundational units, six more are revealed in which you will learn more about bookkeeping and how to found your own virtual bookkeeping business.
The first unit explains exactly what bookkeepers do, so you can understand the daily duties of running your own bookkeeping business.
The second unit, called Foundation Elements, contains three modules. Here’s a brief overview of each.
MODULE 1: BOOKKEEPING BASICS
- Study Hacks Part I
- Study Hacks Part II
- Introduction to foundational elements
- Liabilities, equity, and assets
- Monopoly example
- Liabilities, equity, and assets quiz
- Introduction to the accounting equation
- Scales demo for the accounting equation
- Examples one through five for the accounting equation
- Examples six through nine for the accounting equation
- Accounting equation quiz
- Debits and credits and accounts
- Cheatsheet for debits and credits
- Chart of accounts, trial balance, and ledger
- The chart of accounts, trial balance, and the ledger in Xero
- Chart of accounts, trial balance, and ledger quiz
- Accounting principles
- Accounting principles quiz
MODULE 2: FINANCIAL STATEMENTS, JOURNALS, AND LEDGERS
- Financial statements purpose
- Balance sheet
- Income statement
- Cash flows statement
- Learning how the different financial statements fit together
- The bookkeeping cycle
- Financial statements quiz
- Posting to the ledger and the journal
- Demo for the posting process
- Bookkeeping cycle quiz
- Special journals and repetitive transactions
- Further information about subsidiary ledgers and repetitive transactions
- Cash journal
- Special journals quiz
- Methods of receipts and payments for bank accounts
- Bank security
- Accounting bases
MODULE 3: BALANCE SHEET ASSETS AND LIABILITIES
- Professional ethics
- Uniform commercial code
- Basic elements of contracts
- Laws and legislation
- Business entities
The third unit, called Building Blocks, contains five modules. Here’s a brief overview of each.
MODULE 1: GET SET UP
- Introduction to building blocks
- Getting signed up for Xero
- Using Xero to set up a client
- How to use QuickBooks to set up a client
- Using Xero for the import chart of accounts
MODULE 2: BALANCE SHEET ASSETS
- Introduction to balance sheets
- Cash accounts
- Introduction to bank feeds
- Using Xero for automatic bank feeds
- How to use Xero for manual bank statements
- Using QuickBooks for automatic bank feeds
- Classify, Reconcile, and Record Part I
- Bank reconciliation resources
- LLC and ABC set up
- LLC and ABC import chart of accounts
- Your Turn: classify, reconcile, and record Part I
- Your Turn: classify, reconcile, and record Part II
- Your Turn: classify, reconcile, and record Part III
- Your Turn: classify, reconcile, and record Part IV
- Your Turn: classify, reconcile, and record Part V
- Your Turn: classify, reconcile, and record Part VI
- Accounts receivable
- Demo: accounts receivable
- Accounts receivable associated accounts
- Accounts Receivable Part I Your Turn
- Accounts Receivable Part II Your Turn
- Demo: inventory
- Your Turn: inventory
- Prepaid expenses
- Demo: prepaid expenses
- Your Turn: prepaid expenses
- Fixed assets
- Demo: fixed assets
- Your Turn: fixed assets
- Intangible assets
- Demo: intangible assets
- Other assets
MODULE 3: BALANCE SHEET ASSETS AND LIABILITIES
- Introduction to liabilities
- Introduction to accounts payable
- Flowchart for accounts payable
- Demo: entering bills
- Demo: paying bills
- Accounts payable associated accounts
- Your Turn: accounts payable
- Payroll liabilities
- Demo: payroll liabilities
- Your Turn: payroll liabilities Part I
- Your Turn: payroll liabilities Part II
- Your Turn: payroll liabilities Part III
- Credit card liabilities
- Demo: credit card liabilities
- Your Turn: credit card liabilities
- Use and sales taxes payable
- Demo: use and sales taxes payable
- Your Turn: use and sales taxes payable
- Other current liabilities
- Demo: loans
- Your Turn: loans
- Demo: equity
- Your Turn: equity
MODULE 4: INCOME STATEMENT
- Introduction to the income statement
- Demo: revenue
- Cost of goods sold
- Demo: cost of goods sold
- Demo: expenses
- Expenses and other income
- Your Turn: income statement
MODULE 5: STATEMENT OF CASH FLOWS
- Cash flow associated with operating activities
- Introduction to the statement of cash flows
- Demo: the statement of cash flows
The fourth unit, called Prepare, Review, and Present, contains three modules. Here’s a brief overview of each.
MODULE 1: BALANCE SHEET REVIEW
- Financial statements: review, present and prepare
- Checklist for monthly financial statement closing and preparation
- Getting set up
- Credit card and cash accounts
- Undeposited funds
- Accounts receivable
- Prepaid and inventory expenses
- Fixed assets
- Accounts payable
- Sales tax, payroll, and other liabilities
MODULE 2: STATEMENT OF CASH FLOWS AND INCOME STATEMENT REVIEWS
- Cost of goods sold and revenue
- Statement of cash flows
- Other income and expenses
MODULE 3: PRESENT AND CLOSE
- Financial statement presentation tips
- Month- and year-end close
- Preparing quarterly financial statements
Once you have completed the four preliminary units, the next six are revealed:
- To Infinity and Beyond (7 modules)
- Business and Marketing (10 modules)
- Practical and Tactical (1 module)
- Bookkeeping Practicals (4 modules)
- Bonus Training (8 modules)
- Bootcamp Coaching (3 modules)
Bookkeeper Launch Pro vs Premier vs Team: What are the differences?
To help everyone learn how to start, grow, scale, optimize, and, ultimately, transform their virtual bookkeeping business, Bookkeeper Launch is offered in three different tiers: Pro, Premier, and Team.
Here’s how they stack up:
Bookkeeper Launch Pro
What you get: everything you need to get your business up and running
- Bookkeeper Launch System
- Resource Library Access
- Bonus #1: Hacks & Facts
- Bonus #2: Profit Maximizers
- Exclusive Members-Only Community
- Unlimited Access & Updates
Bookkeeper Launch Premier
What you get: a more streamlined path to build your business
- Everything in Bookkeeper Launch Pro
- 8 Group Coaching Sessions
- Unlimited Open Mic Sessions
- Fastest Path to Success
- Led by Ben Robinson
Bookkeeper Launch Team
What you get: a roadmap to hire your own team of bookkeepers to scale your business
- Everything in Bookkeeper Launch Premier
- The Marketing Machine
- Outstanding Processes & People (OPP)
- Exclusive “Elite” Community of Bookkeeping Entrepreneurs
- 2 Knowledge Licenses for your team members (Bookkeeper Launch Skills)
How Much Does Bookkeeper Launch Cost?
With Bookkeeper Launch Pro, Premier, and Team come different pricing options, each available with payment plans to make Bookkeeper Launch as accessible as possible to all aspiring bookkeepers and business owners.
Bookkeeper Launch Pro
- 12 installments of $249
- Discounted Rate: one installment of $2,499 ($489 discount!)
Bookkeeper Launch Premier
- 12 installments of $299
- Discounted Rate: one installment of $2,999 ($589 discount!)
Bookkeeper Launch Team
- 12 installments of $499
- Discounted Rate: one installment of $4,999 ($989 discount!)
30-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
Every tier of Bookkeeper Launch also includes a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can further evaluate with no risk.
For all active military and/or spouse, as well as all retired military and/or spouse, Bookkeeper Launch offers a 30 percent discount.
To prove eligibility, you must furnish a copy or orders if you’re active and DD214 if you’re retired.
Note: If you served a stint (i.e., five, 10, 14 years, etc.) and are now discharged, you do not qualify for the discount.
Bookkeeper Launch is chock full of information, resources, advice, and much more on what it takes to become a bookkeeper and build your own virtual bookkeeping course.
In addition to all the information noted above, here’s some more detail about what you’ll receive when you enroll in Bookkeeper Launch:
- Exclusive access to the Bookkeeper Launch members-only community network
- Invitation to weekly support calls
- Unlimited email support from the Bookkeeper Launch team to get answers to all your questions
- Office hours to talk to experienced bookkeeping professionals for one-on-one advice
- Legal Lunch, where you can get business-starting advice from a professional lawyer
- Access to the entire Bookkeeper Launch resource library, which contains templates, worksheets, and guides to help you start your virtual bookkeeping business
- Unlimited Bookkeeper Launch upgrades
- The Bookkeeper Launch Action Guide, giving you 41 actionable steps to help you make business breakthroughs
- Bonus content to maximize your profits
- Invitations to live Q&As with working virtual bookkeepers
What Is the Earning Potential with Bookkeeper Launch?
For those considering enrolling in Bookkeeper Launch, earning potential after completing the course is a huge factor. By training as a bookkeeper, you’ll be able to greatly increase your earning potential by showing clients that you have the requisite knowledge and skills to help them with their business’s financial health.
As of October 2021, ZipRecruiter reports the average annual income for remote bookkeepers in the United States as $46,585, with the average salary range between approximately $38,500 and $51,000 per year. Top earners are reported to earn salaries as high as $72,500.
When considering your earning potential, it’s important to remember that your niche, client base, and experience as a bookkeeper are all contributing factors. For example, clients in law and medicine are among the most lucrative for remote bookkeepers. Additionally, other education qualifications can also influence your earning potential.
With Bookkeeper Launch, you’ll learn the knowledge and skills to both become a bookkeeper and launch your own virtual bookkeeping business. Ultimately, how you determine your niche, how you build your client base, and how much you decide to charge your clients is your choice.
Whether you’re considering Bookkeeper Launch Pro, Premier, or Team, it’s clear that there is money to be made working as a virtual bookkeeper. By giving you the knowledge and skills to develop a strong virtual bookkeeping business, Bookkeeper Launch is a great opportunity to invest in yourself with the potential for a strong return on investment (ROI).
Bookkeeper Launch Reviews
Social proof is one of the most determinant trust factors, so it’s important to check external resources when researching the validity of an online course.
On Indeed.com, there are reviews of Bookkeeper Launch, each with five-out-of-five ratings.
While that’s not a large number of reviews, it’s a high percentage of positive reviews. Plus, these reviews look like genuine comments from real people who actually took the course. Check it out for yourself.
Bookkeeper Launch Review: Final Thoughts
After a comprehensive review into the details of Bookkeeper Launch, we believe that this is, indeed, a valuable course that’s both easy to navigate and rich in helpful information.
Ultimately, we’re happy to recommend Bookkeeper Launch.
We believe this is the best course to learn the fundamentals of bookkeeping to help you become a proficient bookkeeper and build your own virtual bookkeeping business.
You can see our other course reviews here.